How to create a new node
To create any type of node, you can right-click in the node viewport, and a context menu will appear where you can select the type of node:
Creates a Path node.
Calls a submenu for creating Distributors nodes:
Calls a submenu for creating Direction Modifiers nodes:
Calls a submenu for creating Mesh Builders nodes:
Mesh Additional Components
Calls a submenu for creating Mesh Additional Components nodes:
Creates an Affect node.
Public parameter: Caption
Creates a Public parameter node with the Caption type. For more information, see How to use the Public parameter node.
The method above is usually used only to create a Path or Public parameter: Caption node.
Other nodes are more convenient to create immediately, creating a connection from the connector where you want to attach a new node.
Creating a Distributor node for some Path:
Creating a Direction Modifier node for some Path:
In this method, you can see the nodes that you'll not find in the submenus of the first method.
For example, in the following 4 screenshots you can see a Switch nodes, Attribute Position and Attribute Distance.
Creating a Mesh Builder node for some Path:
Creating an After Mesh Modifier node for some Path:
Creating a Child Distributor node for some Path:
Creating a Curve node for some parameter:
A Curve node can be connected in two ways: as a value or as a factor. For more information, see the Curve node.
Creating a special control node for some parameter:
There are 5 types of nodes that can changes the value of any parameter:
- Affect node - Affects to the current parameter by multiplying the value by some calculated coefficient, depending on the custom system state or the value of some parameter.
- Public Parameter node - Allows to publish current parameter to the Public parameters rollout on 3ds Max command panel for this GrowFX object. Also this parameter can be animated or apply any animation controller.
- Value node - Allows to set some value. It can be useful to connect this node to several parameters in order to control their values.
- Random Generator node - Generates a random value for current parameter within specified limits.
- Math operation node - Performs a specified mathematical operation between two operands, the result is placed to the current parameter. Any nodes from this list can also be used as input operand values.
You can also create a Path node from the Distributors or from the Mesh Builders: