All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi nufu, Most likely all wind modifiers is configured in After Mesh Modifiers, so the modification only applies to the resulting mesh. In any case, in this mode, your tree animation will work faster than if you apply all wind modifiers to Direction Modifiers. You can reduce the height of the tree, or the density of branches, to check the animation in real time. Thanks!
  3. Turbogang

Caesalpinia Ferrea

very nice
  4. Turbogang

Grapevines

very nice
  5. Turbogang

Cassia Fistula

very nice
  6. Turbogang

Caesalpinia Ferrea

very nice
  7. Hi, I've just started with growfx so might be missing something, but when I switch my growfx object to viewport lines instead of mesh, the lines don't show any animation, everything is just static when I scrub the timeline. Once I switch back to mesh, everything animates (but is really slow on a high poly tree) Any ideas? Running 1.9.9 sp6 & 3dsmax 2018
  8. Krrol

Grapevines

Version 1.9.9.

5 downloads

Grapevines. Height 2,4 m. The number of polygons 831506. Textures included.
  9. Last week
  10. Hi Bzuco, The error occurs in CurveControl.dlu, and we can't fix it. I'll send it to Autodesk, they need to fix it, but I'm not sure that it will be fast. Thanks for your bug report!
  11. Krrol

Cassia Fistula

Version 1.9.9.

5 downloads

Cassia Fistula. Height 4,8 m. The number of polygons 962929. Textures included.
  12. Krrol

Caesalpinia Ferrea

Version 1.9.9.

5 downloads

Caesalpinia Ferrea Height 12,0 m. The number of polygons 1729739. Textures included.
  13. Hi, after few changes(mouse or input value) in vector direction strength graph on instanced geometry, max crash. Video and preset in attachment. max2018.4, gFX 1.9.9 SP6 presetFiles.rar vectorDirectionGraphCrash.mp4
  14. I have kind of the same question, so I´ll just add it here...: So for example: I ahve a shot where I wanna put 10-15 copies of some growFX plant with wind animation on them in a scene. I´ve tried caching it as Vrayproxy, but I´m getting 8 GB files and bigger. this will significantly impact rendertimes, since they are copies (to offset the animation), each will have to be loaded separately, as far as I understand. Multiply that with 10 render nodes and I´m looking at a serious performance loss. So I´m also wondering why I shouldn´t just use several copies of the original growFX plants in the scene, thinking that buildin the metameshes with after mesh wind effect would probably be much faster than loading the proxies or growFX cache files from disk. Is this correct or is there some isse I am missing with this approach?
  15. John

Dense Bamboo

5 stars!
  16. Earlier
  17. i have been using growfx seens past 3year. and its so easy and fast to use.

i have making around 45  to 50 trees, making flower plants, palm With wind animation.

And I am Happy To Work With Growfx.

18. olejka2k

Different types of flowers on different

Thanks, Eduard, will try this out.
  19. avihcc

Material ID not working

Hi Eduard: Thanks for the reply I had manage to resolve the issue by re-creating a new material. Perhaps somehow the file might be corrupted. Regards CC
  20. Eduard

Material ID not working

Hi avihcc, Strange, can you send me this max file? Thanks!
  21. Hi olejka2k, You can add the starting path for flowers, and configure an Affects as follows: Max file: 2Flowers_1.max Thanks!
  22. Hello everyone! Maybe this question was asked already, but anyway - is there a simple solution for the boolean type of thing in GrowFX? WhatI mean is the true/false condition, for example, I have this type of branches: I want to have a different type of flowers on different ends of branches. But the biggest issue for me is that I want to test - if that flower already exists on that branch - I do not want to create another flower on top of it. Of course, you can create different groups of branches using different paths with randomizing count of paths in each group, but I believe there is a simpler solution, using one path for branches and several paths for different flowers? The flowers difference will be not only colour (I could use vertex paint for that), but the percentage of how much flower is closed or open and how big it is. Thanks in advance!
  23. Hi Eduard: I realized the Material ID is not working in my this working file. I had assigned Material ID 3 but it only recognized it as Material ID 2. As such the Chaos Material ID is not working as well in this case . May I know whats cause and the solution to this? Thanks & Regard CC
  24. nic_h

Seamless Looping tree animation

Hi there Here is a palm that I have been working with. Trying to get a 200frame ambient looop to no avail How is everyone else who works with 25fps even making these? Assuming not using the seamless loop feature? You mentioned this bug was fixed in 2016, is it possible to fix it cos doing maths and typing 0.83333333333333333333 is not that easy Thanks palm_25fps_brokenloop.max
  25. martijnbrands

different leaf sizes in one path?

Hello Eduard, Thanks for your quick reply and solution! And by the way, it is still a wonderfull program.
  26. Eduard

different leaf sizes in one path?

Hi Martijn, You need to add an Affect from Parameter:Angle div to the leaf->Length, and adjust the Factor Graph as follows: Also turn on the Scale proportionally, so that the width of the leaf depends on its length, or you can also add an Affect to the Width of the leaf. plant 2.max Thanks!
  27. Hello everybody, Can somebody help me to solve my problem? I want to make a main leaf with sub leaves wich has different sizes in a single path. The attached files will clarify what i mean (i hope:). Thanks already! Martijn Brands plant 1.max
  28. Eduard

Seamless Looping tree animation

Hi nic_h, Can you please send me your tree, I'll try to configure the loop animation. Thanks!
  1. Load more activity