Richard

Path Reaction

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the path react direction modifier. I have read through the help doc but can't get it to work the way I want. It is my understanding that this modifier can be used to make curves avoid one another using the reflection function. Is this correct? Please could you provide a scene or examples using the path react modifier in this way. I'm basically looking for a way to get fewer intersections between geometry for a fern for instance.

Thanks!

Hello Richard,

Yes, this is correct, but this modifier doesn't work as well as we expected. Therefore, we want to implement another modifier to solve this problem.

At the moment, you can only slightly reduce the randomization of the branches/leaves to avoid their collision.

Thanks!

On 9/22/2017 at 8:44 PM, Eduard said:

Hello Richard,

Yes, this is correct, but this modifier doesn't work as well as we expected. Therefore, we want to implement another modifier to solve this problem.

At the moment, you can only slightly reduce the randomization of the branches/leaves to avoid their collision.

Thanks!

Hello Eduard,

will there be a collision modifier in the upcoming version or is it still in progress? I hope we will get this feature soon. It would be fantastic.

Thanks.