Direction modifier seed offset?

eoinobroin

Hey! Love GrowFX, really amazing piece of software! 

I'm having trouble achieving a specific outcome- for example, if I wanted to give a random 25% of the leaves a twist modifier, and then assign a different modifier to a NEW random 25% of the leaves, it seems that the result always affects the same leaves, even tweaking the seed offset which seems like it should assign a new random % seed but doesn't change anything for me across any of the modifiers I've tested.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eoin

you might be able to do this using a third invisible path with a chaotic path position distributor. You would just make an invisble path with the path position distributers position varying randomly. Then you would use the path position to drive the effect you want. 

so path position of 0 - 50% would have directional modifier characteristic A

path position 50 -100% would have directional modifier charctoristic B

This way you would have a chaotic distribution of the modifiers that would me mutually exclusive.

hope it helps, 

I am not sure 100% if this will work but it is worth a shot. I will try to varify this for you tomorrow when I get  chance.

• Like 2

you might be able to do this using a third invisible path with a chaotic path position distributor. You would just make an invisble path with the path position distributers position varying randomly. Then you would use the path position to drive the effect you want. 

so path position of 0 - 50% would have directional modifier characteristic A

path position 50 -100% would have directional modifier charctoristic B

This way you would have a chaotic distribution of the modifiers that would me mutually exclusive.

hope it helps, 

I am not sure 100% if this will work but it is worth a shot. I will try to varify this for you tomorrow when I get  chance.

Thanks for the reply :) Seems like a much better solution as opposed to creating a whole other distributor and having to change two sets of values for each tweak which is what I've been doing so far! Will try it out and see how it goes!

I actually think I may have phrased my initial question poorly. By 25% of the leaves I meant for example if there were 100 paths and I wanted to put a noise modifier on a random 25 paths out of 100, but then apply another modifier to a new set of randomly picked 25 paths from the full 100. Right now it seems to affect the same 25 even when changing the seed offset, and the only solution seems to be just duplicating the initial distributor and then dealing with the two separately which can be a pain if you are frequently changing values. 

Thanks for your time and efforts!