Slice and ObjectSlice bug?

davius

Hello people, just gathering some info if this is happening to you too. Just tested on 1.9.9 SP2 and 1.9.9 SP3 and this happens on both in Max 2016.

​Basically, the Slice and ObjectSlice do not work as expected on leaves meshes - I just opened an old file were I had this slice to simulated cut grass and the modifier just alters the leave length, NOT cutting it! Check image below to see what I mean.

​Does anyone else get the same bug? As I said, using Max 2016 here.

Cheers!

post-373-0-60093100-1477315769_thumb.jpg

I couldn`t wait for v2 and also started to explore this software. but I cant understand big essential things changing from version to version.

One more example:

Density graph now is not clipped but squashed. And I dont know which way it should be. But certainly it is not ok to change from version to version:

qJP13gt.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rokas,

Yes you're right, we've recently improved the Path distributor algorithm, and we made this change, because now the graph is working correctly. Ie the graph completely used between start and end points.
And if you want to use the previous behavior, you just need to turn on the "Use old algorithm" checkbox in the group "Calculation Density Graph for the Path distributor" in the Preference parameters rollout.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello people, just gathering some info if this is happening to you too. Just tested on 1.9.9 SP2 and 1.9.9 SP3 and this happens on both in Max 2016.

​Basically, the Slice and ObjectSlice do not work as expected on leaves meshes - I just opened an old file were I had this slice to simulated cut grass and the modifier just alters the leave length, NOT cutting it! Check image below to see what I mean.

​Does anyone else get the same bug? As I said, using Max 2016 here.

Hi davius,

Strangely, it was marked as a bug, and on 06/12/2015 we've fixed it.

I don't remember who it was requested, but if you want, we can insert the old code and then the leaves will be cut as you want...

Thanks!