Growfx + Vue

Tobitobs

Hello,

has anybody of you experience with growfx + vue and got any tips? I saw the work of Massi San (for example on artstation  https://www.artstation.com/artist/massisan) and it looks so good   :) .

Tried to import my plants into vue but for me the material system is very strange and I feel more comfortable with 3ds.... so I tried the other way and tried the Vue xStream plugin in 3ds. Any tipps are welcome

Cheers,

Tobi

hey, thx good idea I'll ask the master himself :rolleyes:

What I figured out so far by myself: It's a bit tricky to get your materials from 3ds to vue. Let's say you got your growfx converted into a mesh with a multisub-Material (Standard-Material somehow my vray or double-sided materials didnt work) you go to export selected with "Save as type: .OBJ" there is a Vue preset that works quite well, I only uncheck "Flip YZ-axis (Poser-like)" Then you can import your plant in VUE and it should be complete with correct materials. Inside VUE you can edit your materials and replace the leaf-material with a double-sided material. Hope that helps somebody ;) Pls correct me if I'm wrong or there is a better way.

Cheers,

Tobi

• 2 months later...