trees updating without apparent reason

HI,

I have a scene where the GrowFX objects suddenly, unexpectedly start the "creating mesh" process again - even though all those objects are set to manual update and also hidden and frozen, just to make sure. It keeps happening frequently, for example at every scene save (even autosave), when I create a new spline object, change the UV coordinates of an unrelated poly object - basically randomly in the middle of working on something else in the scene. The trees are quite big, so the process takes some time and sometimes crashes the scene.

The trees are used in Forest Pack objects, but these are also set to manual update, disabled, hidden and frozen. Still ForestPack may be the problem here?

But I've often used GrowFX objects in ForestPack objects and never encountered this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ralph

PS: Max 2014  & GrowFX 1.9.9 SP1

• 1 month later...

Hey,

have the same problem. Renderer (corona) is crashing, when "manual update" is activated. Plant is constantly and kind of randomly updating. F.e. I just put an edit poly modifier over some object and growfx started updating. It also updates every time I move the plant from a to b.

The workaround is to deactivate/activate manual update every time before rendering but thats a bit annoying.

Edit: just realised it also updates while creating a Standart Primitive.

Hey,

have the same problem. Renderer (corona) is crashing, when "manual update" is activated. Plant is constantly and kind of randomly updating. F.e. I just put an edit poly modifier over some object and growfx started updating. It also updates every time I move the plant from a to b.

The workaround is to deactivate/activate manual update every time before rendering but thats a bit annoying.

Edit: just realised it also updates while creating a Standart Primitive.

Hi alex08,

Maybe your growfx object refers to any other object, ie has any references? For example, it maybe an object of reaction in the Object reaction modifier or something else...

We'll try to test in Corona as soon as possible.

Thanks!