Marcopolo

Will there be a stand alone version?

Hi, I just found your site through CG trader. I currently use Speed Tree for my plant/tree modeling but I do not use 3DS Max. I really like how your program looks, but as I understand it is only as a plugin for 3DS Max and the products and cannot be rendered in a real time engine like Unity or Unreal.

Many independent game developers(as well as archviz people) are using real time game engines and may or may not use 3DS Max. Many now use Blender or other 3d programs, then render their meshes in the game engine. I understand that making a plugin for all the other 3D programs out there or for an open source program like Blender may be difficult, but if you made a stand alone version it wold compete well with Speed Tree.  I feel Speed Tree could really use some competition in this area as it is the only product I know of that can make quality vegetation relatively quickly for real time game development if you do not own expensive Autodesk software. I would pay for this program at its current price if I could use it instead of SpeedTree for my needs.

Of course, we also want to release our product as a standalone application. But it will be later, I hope after the release of version 2.0.
Just the current version of GrowFX very much integrated into 3ds Max, so we can't quickly develop it as a standalone application. But our new version 2.0 will allow this.

Thanks!

I want to throw in a second vote for either a standalone application or integration into other software packages. I've recently started moving away from 3Ds Max due to it's price and lack of value compared to software suites. I would pay you double the full retail price of GrowFX for some tight integration of the plugin into Modo. That would still be cheaper than the outrageous price I would have to pay for SpeedTree with the ability to animate growth. Why they think someone should pay five thousand USD to be able to animate the growth of the plants they make is baffling!

Your plugin really fills a gap in the market and I want it to expand to other platforms. In fact, the only thing that pains me about leaving 3D Studio Max is my loss of GrowFx. If you're looking for suggestions, Modo has a strong, loyal, and enthusiastic user-base. I believe they would heartily embrace and welcome a plugin like this if it were possible to port.

In any event, +1 vote for expanding GrowFX away from 3Ds Max.

Keep up the great work Eduard! All of my dealings with you have been a pleasure!  :)

Hi Levi,

Thanks a lot for your vote and for clarifying the problem!
I'll keep in mind the Modo application as the base for our plugin.

Thanks again!

Hello, we are also voting for the stand alone version. I'm waiting since the day you wrote, that there will be a Version in the future. How is the status?

Greetings

On 5/8/2019 at 8:31 PM, Zippy said:

Hello, we are also voting for the stand alone version. I'm waiting since the day you wrote, that there will be a Version in the future. How is the status?

Hi Zippy,

Version 2.0 will be completed soon. After the release, we'll try to implement the standalone version.

Thanks!