growfx 2.0 is extremely instable on max 2024

hi

since there's no answer on my last post yet, i still tried to get stuff done on my side..

but i cannot get stuff done because growfx keeps crashing, probably because i have a metamesh, but when i trie to reduce the metamesh polycount grow fx crashes..

grow fx crashes also when i type-in values... 

should i get a speedtree license instead? to bad because i like to work in 3dsmax..

or is there some psalm i should sing to keep it from crashing?

22 hours ago, Eduard said:

Hi bas klompmaker,

Please send me your GrowFX model, I'll check it.

You can send it to me in a private message.

Thanks!

Same thing here for max 2024.2 GrowFx 2.0.1 (random crashes)
Did you guys get what caused the crashes ?
Most of it just while wiring/hooking up nodes, deleting nodes or group of nodes as well

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, 

i cant find the exact file back, i probably didnt save it or deleted it in a rush of madness..

but models with metamesh are super unstable, i have to make low poly versions of a selection of plants and trees from different tree packs, 

i got some globeplant models wich use metamesh, and when im editing any parameters i now only type in values, i seperate the metamesh parts and collapse it to mesh for retopo. the leaves and branches are kept parametric, they dont have metamesh, so they're not so unstable. 

but i ran into another problem, when i convert 1.9 models to 2.0 the model changes shape (different seed?) and the roots geometry dissapear, and overal trunk shape gets bloated. looks like 2.0 uses another way to calculate a mesh... Fagus sylvatica_GFX_VRAY.max from the GBPLB0019_Bundle19_Temperate+Plants_GFX bundle. i dunno if i can post commercial models here.. 

25 minutes ago, bas klompmaker said:

but i ran into another problem, when i convert 1.9 models to 2.0 the model changes shape (different seed?) and the roots geometry dissapear, and overal trunk shape gets bloated. looks like 2.0 uses another way to calculate a mesh... Fagus sylvatica_GFX_VRAY.max from the GBPLB0019_Bundle19_Temperate+Plants_GFX bundle. i dunno if i can post commercial models here.. 

Hi bas klompmaker,

You can email me at support@exlevel.com, I'll only use this model to investigate the bug.

Thanks!

On 1/27/2024 at 2:01 PM, Archi said:

Same thing here for max 2024.2 GrowFx 2.0.1 (random crashes)
Did you guys get what caused the crashes ?
Most of it just while wiring/hooking up nodes, deleting nodes or group of nodes as well

Hi Archi,

I installed this version of 3dsMax, but didn't notice any problems.
That's why I ask users to send me models in order to somehow understand where the bug is.

Thanks!