3DMK

Elaeocarpus-eumundi - Smooth Leaved Quandong

Hi All,

Here is a Close-up render to show one of my latest trees. - Elaeocarpus-eumundi - Smooth Leaved Quandong.

Thanks again to Eduard for implementing the Vertex colours. I couldn't have made this tree look good without it!

The colours are slightly different to the reference photo although the colours do vary a lot with this tree depending on the growth stage of the new leaves, and also with each individual tree.

Cheers

Jamie

post-173-0-68470100-1421857806_thumb.jpg

post-173-0-54752700-1421858499_thumb.jpg

post-173-0-83244500-1422127930_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jamie,

I can't understand where the photo and where your image :lol:, only your signature it shows. Very realistic!!!

Thanks a lot!

I'll add it to our gallery...

Thanks again!

No.... it's not a 3d and render, it's impossible !

I've never seen a render as close as an image. Could you tell us more 3DMK ? Have you planned to write a tutorial ? I'm really really impressed about your result, congratulations !

Roland

Thanks for the kind comments Eduard!

.....& thanks for making such awesome software

I have attached a white-card render to show it is 3D for others :)

I look forward to making lots of trees like this for sale this year & I am sure people will soon notice the quality & versatility of GrowFX a lot more:)

Cheers

Jamie

No.... it's not a 3d and render, it's impossible !

I've never seen a render as close as an image. Could you tell us more 3DMK ? Have you planned to write a tutorial ? I'm really really impressed about your result, congratulations !

Roland

Thanks for the kind words Roland.

Although I would like to do more tutorials like I did the last couple of years I am just way too busy to do any more.

There is no special secretes to how I made the tree, just a lot of good references, time & patience. [Take a look at the original post with new whitecard/clay render]

I am actually really hopeless with maths and other technical things but I have a good eye for understanding what things should look like like.

Often I just tweak things until I get it right, with usually a few complete failures along the way....hence the need for patience.

The best advice really is to get a good basic understanding of how things work in GrowFX...test EVERYTHING & play as much as you can...& have fun....that's how I got to where I am :)

Cheers

Jamie

• Like 1