misters

General GFX questions

Hi

I have a couple of general questions...

1) How does the Auto radius work?

2) If using a direction modifier such as Twist Direction to deform leaves, is there a way use the count (to affect say 50%) and then duplicate the modifier and apply it to the other 50% but using a different twist amount? Or would there be a better method to achieve this?

Feature Suggestions:

1) Ability to 'export' one (or more) parameters to the 'Main Parameter' part of the growfx interface. For example, I am frequently adjusting my Path1 (Trunk) length during the building process. If I make GFX copy this value spinner (in this case the Length path parameter) to the main interface then it would speed up the workflow by avoiding having to keep opening the different paths to make this adjustment.

This feature is implemented into Itoo Railclone and it allows someone to create something complex and provide other artists as an easy way to make simple edits without them having to open the editor and them being overwhelmed by the complexity. In Railclone you can also label these parameters (so could simply name it 'Tree Height').

This could be developed further in GFX to allow the 'export' of curves such as PathPostionAffects>B1_Length so artists can easily adjust the shape of a tree.

2) A way to assign a different texture/colour after a hard bend modifier - whether this was implemented via vertex colour or another means, I think it would be useful.

Hi misters,

1) When Auto radius is on, the branches radius inherits from the parent radius depending on its own radius. And it works as follows:

Rb(i) = Rb * Rp(i) / Rp max;

where:
Rb(i) - the radius of the i-th branch;
Rb - the initial radius of the current branch, it can be variable if used an Affects;
Rp(i) - the radius of the parent branch in the i-th position, where appeared the i-th branch;
Rp max - the maximum radius of the parent branch.

2) You can do this as follows:
For the first Twist modifier leave the Count Rate = 100%, for the second modifier set the Count Rate = 50%. Otherwise some paths remain without modification.

Feature Suggestions:

1) Yes, we plan to implement it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

2) Ok, we'll try to add this feature...

Thanks!