hmercado

Animation grow after trunk finish

Hi,

I understand that animation grow works by animating the trunk length and setting up affects to drive the rest of the branches/leaves parameters based on the length of the trunk.

How would it be possible to be able to allow the branches and leaves that did not reach their full size/length after the trunk set length has been reached to continue to grow until they have their full size?

In the attached image you can see what i mean when my trunk animation reaches its last keyframe some branches at the top have already started to grow but they wont grow anymore because the trunk has finished growing.

Thank you.

post-610-0-92397400-1414418739_thumb.jpg

Hi Eduard,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am trying to understand the setup in the examples, and when I try to add a "GrowthController" path to the scene I am working on it just wont let me select the trunk I previously had in the Affects list. The Affect List is only exposing the GrowthController path's parameters. Please take a look at the attached image.

Is there anything else I need to take into consideration?

Thank you.

post-610-0-00307200-1414455837_thumb.jpg

Oh, ok
I get it now, I was missing that the trunk for this setup needs a PathPosDistr.
I will need to tweak now the rest of the affects to getting working the way I need it.

Thank you.

Hi austingrd,

The tree required for the project turned out to be a very simple and generic small plant that grows with just a few leaves and subtle wind animation (see attached image). Nothing special really; so in the end I didn't actually need to set up a controller like Eduard showed me.

Eduard,

3ds max constantly crashed after I added just 2 more leaves at the top of the steam and the scene still crashes when ever I enable the first leaves I had set up on the lower part of the plant.

Lucky for me I had already rendered the plant before so I was able to do a region render for just the top 2 leaves.

Maybe you would like to take a look at it and perhaps find what could be causing max to crash with this particular scene? 

post-610-0-09967200-1415541776_thumb.jpg

Eduard,

3ds max constantly crashed after I added just 2 more leaves at the top of the steam and the scene still crashes when ever I enable the first leaves I had set up on the lower part of the plant.

Lucky for me I had already rendered the plant before so I was able to do a region render for just the top 2 leaves.

Maybe you would like to take a look at it and perhaps find what could be causing max to crash with this particular scene? 

Hi hmercado,

Thanks so much for your bug report!

We've fixed the bug and have updated all versions on the server...
Now you can download the update.

Thanks again!