mindflux

Intersecting meshes

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to prevent the meshes such as leaves from intersecting (i.e. clipping) each other other than by manually trimming the offenders?

Unfortunately at the moment it's impossible, but we'll try to implement the algorithm to automatically remove lines (like Eraser modifier) that intersect its meshes. This idea seems quite possible.

Thanks!

That would be a great addition!

A big part of creating realistic stuff is preventing branch intersections. It is pretty easy to do with the initial branches but it gets more and more difficult as the detail gets finer. 

Just wondering if this issue has been resolved? 

Unfortunately not yet, this work is planned later...

Is there a way to keep leaves and branches from pointing inwards as well?

I don't know, maybe just to remove some leaves by Eraser modifier...

Cheers

Hi @Eduard, just wondering whether the planned work mentioned about is a reality yet?  I'm trying to make things look real but currently have intersecting geometry.  Since the model doesn't have vast numbers of stems and branches I need to retain as many as possible rather than erase.  Thanks, D  

6 hours ago, DHawgood said:

Hi @Eduard, just wondering whether the planned work mentioned about is a reality yet?  I'm trying to make things look real but currently have intersecting geometry.  Since the model doesn't have vast numbers of stems and branches I need to retain as many as possible rather than erase.  Thanks, D  

Hi DHawgood,

I don't know exactly when we'll develop it. Now we're working on the development of version 2.0.

Thanks!