scaron

mixing mesh types with wind animation

hello

i have a tree which the small branches are done with simple cylinder mesh but the trunk and large branches are using meta mesh for a nice blended result. i am using the 'after mesh modifiers' but it seems the meta mesh part doesn't move anymore? the cylinder meshes do though... ideas?

thanks

steven

Hi Steven,

Yes, there is a problem. But it can't be considered a bug, because it was made to optimize the workflow. For example, when changing an usual meshes (non meta mesh) updating occurs only for them. If you change something for meta mesh (meta mesh settings, or path related with this), the update will only for meta meshes.
In your case, when you add a modifier into the "After Mesh Modifiers", and to work properly, the system needs to update all parts of meshes. The GrowFX system doesn't know about it, so you just need to click on the Update button...

Cheers

If you change something for meta mesh (meta mesh settings, or path related with this), the update will only for meta meshes.

Thanks for that, in my case, that clarifies things to me.