Hi guys,

Looking into buying GrowFX, but just wondered how the individual user license works.

Is it node locked to one pc, or is it a floating license system that allows other machines to use the plugin if the license is free?

Cheers for any info.

-j

Hi,

At the moment, our protection system doesn't allow to create a floating license. But you can install and activate it on 3 PC's, you can also deactivate / re-activate any number of times.
After purchase please contact us by email and we'll help you to solve this problem.

Thanks!

Hi,

At the moment, our protection system doesn't allow to create a floating license. But you can install and activate it on 3 PC's, you can also deactivate / re-activate any number of times.
After purchase please contact us by email and we'll help you to solve this problem.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know you can activate/deactivate when necessary.

Do you need a separate license for render farm nodes, or does the plugin just run as a slave unless activated?

Do you need a separate license for render farm nodes, or does the plugin just run as a slave unless activated?

After purchase, you can also download the special version - GrowFX rendernode, which you can install to any number of your render nodes or networked workstations. This version doesn't require activation. See here: How can I render my scenes with GrowFX objects on the renderfarm?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have instaled GrowFX render node to my render computers and it requires activation why?

Hi,

Please download again the GrowFX Rendernode version, we recently fixed this bug...

Thanks!

Hi Eduard,

I was thinking about buying growFx and I have the same question as Squeakybadger.

As the post is more than a year old I was wondering if you guys moved growFx to a floating license system ? and i we can still activate it on 3 computers and deactivate it if needed ?

Thanks !

Chris

Hi Eduard,

I was thinking about buying growFx and I have the same question as Squeakybadger.

As the post is more than a year old I was wondering if you guys moved growFx to a floating license system ? and i we can still activate it on 3 computers and deactivate it if needed ?

Thanks !

Chris

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately floating licenses has not yet been added. And you still can activate on 3 computers, and deactivate any number of times.

Thanks!

Eduard,

I need to re install everything, how do i deactivate the plugin?

thanks,

Yes, you can run Deactivate.exe and deactivate your license. To do this just click Start > All program > Exlevel > GrowFX for 3dsMax2014 64-bit > Deactivate, then click DEACTIVATE button.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi Eduard,

sorry, licensing-questions always leave me puzzled and I want to make sure. I have one license and it's been of enormous help throughout the years so thanks for the great software. Does this 3 PC licensing system allow me to leave my office computer and 3DS Max which has GrowFX installed up and running through the night while I can continue creating or modifying my plants on another computer at home, simultaneously? 

Hi Eduard,

sorry, licensing-questions always leave me puzzled and I want to make sure. I have one license and it's been of enormous help throughout the years so thanks for the great software. Does this 3 PC licensing system allow me to leave my office computer and 3DS Max which has GrowFX installed up and running through the night while I can continue creating or modifying my plants on another computer at home, simultaneously? 

Hi vkiuru,

Yes of course, if you were able to activate at home and at the office PC, you can simultaneously use the plugin...

Cheers

Hi vkiuru,

Yes of course, if you were able to activate at home and at the office PC, you can simultaneously use the plugin...

Cheers

Thanks Eduard, I'll try this tonight. I vaguely remember having a laptop with growfx installed at the same time as I had it on my primary workstation in like 2010 but never deactivated it because the laptop malfunctioned so let's see what happens! :) 

Hi!

I want to buy your product, but i have a question. What if i have active license on 2 PC and i will be working on one and same time someone will be working on the other on in 3ds max ? Will I get banned?

Thanks in advance!