wserlopz

Emitting particles from instanced geometry in GrowFX.

Hi to all,

I'm creating a tree with one flower in GrowFX using an "instanced geometry" mesh builder.

Is there a way to bring the instanced geometry from GrowFX into particle flow after it's been animated with wind / growing leaves, etc...?

Or to bake the whole GrowFX object into a editable poly with different object ID's for each piece. (not sure if it will keep the animation that way)

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm creating a tree with one flower in GrowFX using an "instanced geometry" mesh builder.

Is there a way to bring the instanced geometry from GrowFX into particle flow after it's been animated with wind / growing leaves, etc...?

At the moment it's impossible. But we plan to add this feature in the future.

Or to bake the whole GrowFX object into a editable poly with different object ID's for each piece. (not sure if it will keep the animation that way)

Yes, you can bake the whole object, but it will lose the animation.

Cheers

Thanks for the answer!

Is it possible to attach an non-GrowFX object (cilinder / box) to any element of the tree, without loosing it's animation?

can maxscript access the GrowFX fruit's positon / rotation?

Cheers, thanks again!

Hi,

Is it possible to attach an non-GrowFX object (cilinder / box) to any element of the tree, without loosing it's animation?

Yes if course, it's possible with the Instanted geometry mesh builder.  It uses any geometry object with its animation.

can maxscript access the GrowFX fruit's positon / rotation?

Hmm, this feature is not yet available... How do you want to use it?

Cheers

wserlopz, on 27 Mar 2013 - 11:14, said:snapback.png

Yes if course, it's possible with the Instanted geometry mesh builder.  It uses any geometry object with its animation

.can maxscript access the GrowFX fruit's positon / rotation?

Hmm, this feature is not yet available... How do you want to use it?

I meant an object that is not part of the GrowFX object.

My goal is to emit particles from a fruit or flower on a tree... right now I'm manually animating a sphere to follow the same move as the flower in my GrowFX tree which is an instanced geomery, but if I change any parameter on GrowFX or on the Wind the sphere I have no longer tracks the same move. Also if I wanted to do the same for many flowers on the same tree it would be hard work to track all of them manually. Wondering how can I achieve that.

I have attached the file I'm working on.

Thanks in advance!

SIMPLE-TREE-C_MAX2011_035.max

wserlopz, on 27 Mar 2013 - 11:14, said:snapback.png

I have attached the file I'm working on.

Thanks in advance!

Your scene uses some plugins that we don't have...

If you can use a mesh surface as an emitter, look at the attached scene...
I added a sphere as an additional path with the Standard leaves, then copied GrowFX object and disable all mesh builders. This object can be used as an emitter.

Cheers

SIMPLE-TREE-C_MAX2011_035_1.max