willmorris3d

Leaves Flickering Missing?

Hi Eduard,

I am using 3DS Max 2020, Vray and am using version 1.9.9 SP8.

I am rendering out an animation using a growfx tree from Max Tree - Plant Models Volume 2.

As you can see from the rendered frames that I have flickering in the tree, I have seen other posts like this but was still unable to resolve my problem after reading them.

I have attached the tree max file also.

I have never experience this issue before when rendering with older versions of growfx and max 2016, although I have never tried with this particular tree before,

If you are able to help that would be very much appreciate.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards

Will

Flickering Tree_2020.max

I couldn't open your file because I am on max 2019, but it might have something to do with a modifier stack. Sometimes noise modifiers will make a model jump like this if they are stacked on top on deviation modifiers or random modifiers. 

You might try isolating the tree and scrubbing the timeline to see if the model itself is "jumping". If it is you could try turning off any noise modifiers and see if that helps. Also try turning off random direction modifiers. modifiers.

If I remember correctly you want things like noise to go at the end of the stack.  

also, is wind added as an after mesh modifier ? 

If wind is being calculated before the meta mesh builds it could give you weird artifacts like this. 

hope it helps,

Paul

• Like 1