godstepson

Metamesh Problem - Base Stem Creates Bubble

Hi Eduard, I've been using GrowFx since 2013 and love it! I've been having an issue for many years regarding the use of metamesh. Specifically, I have a tree stem with roots coming out from the bottom. As soon as I enable metamesh for the main stem, it forms this weird bubble at the base of the stem (even if the branches are nowhere near). How can I go about fixing this? Thank you.

Metameshproblem.jpg

It happens to all my models, specifically when roots are added anywhere near the base. I sent you a different model I'm working on right now that does the same thing. It's no big deal I can mask that area out and delete it, I was just hoping you'd have a solution.

Hi godstepson,

Of course, the metamesh doesn't satisfy some requirements, so we plan to develop a new algorithm soon.
I looked at your file, and this bubble comes from the trunk. The trunk ends with a hemisphere, because the roots are close, and therefore the metamesh can end only with a metasurface.
You can try to create another path at the beginning of the trunk, directed down, which will be the starting path for the roots, maybe you can get rid of this bubble.

Branches also use some distance to create a metasurface, otherwise artifacts are possible. We chose this distance to completely eliminate all artifacts.

Thanks!