Animating a growing plant with pre animated instanced leaves

juggla

Hi!

I'm trying to animate a growing plant. I'm animating the length of my stem and i have pre animated instanced leaves distributed along the path of the stem. My problem is that i want the leaves animation to start when they are "born" on the stem. Is it possible? Right know all the leaved start animating in global time frame 0.

Thanks

Morten

Hi Morten,

Yes, it is possible...

The path length of your leaves should also grow (this can be achieved by adding the affect from path position on the stem to their length), and then you'll be able to add the affect from this length to the Instance geometry->Current time of your leaves. The Current time set equal to the duration of your animation leaves.

See our example from Plants library: Orange tree 1. There's orange fruits are made as instanced geometry with growth animation.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Hi iam thinking to buy your software, to animate a apple tree from seed to big one, but i dont find any tutorial how i can do it to check the workflow of your software. Pls let me know where i can found one to learn howto do it like the animation of the orange tree. Thx for answer

Unfortunately we don't have the tutorial for this. But we can make a video tutorial if you want...

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I want to know what happens with the tutorial? Is it done or not ? Because I want test it before I will buy it. Thx for your great work.

Hi,

Unfortunately not yet, because we've been very busy developing some new feature. But we'll try as soon as possible to record this video tutorial. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Cheers