13 replies to this topic

#1 archaeotect

archaeotect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying GrowFX. The trial version really convinced me. GrowFX seems so complex and flexible, but I was surprised how quickly you can achieve good-looking results. Still, I have two questions before purchasing:

- In another thread a developer mentioned on July 25th that a new version will soon be finished and released. What is the upgrade policy if I purchase now? Should I wait for the new version so I won't have to pay for an upgrade right after my initial purchase or will it be free? What is the general upgrade/update policy?

- In another thread in this subforum a member asked about multi-threading metamesh creation and was told that you are trying to find a method to implement this. The metamesh transitions between meshes look great but I also experienced significant lags (and 5 idle cores), so I wanted to ask how multi-threading is coming along (or if it's even possible)?

Thanks in advance!

archaeotect

#2 Eduard

Eduard

Developer

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Hi,

All updates within the 1.x versions you'll get for free. Update 2.0 we're planning not soon, I think it would be in 2013.

Regarding the multithreading for metamesh, yes of course we'll try to implement it. But now we're implementing a feature called "After mesh modifiers", which allows to calculate the animation (eg wind) very quickly (without mesh calculation in each frame).

Thanks for your interest in our product!

Cheers

Eduard Danilov

www.exlevel.com

#3 sakura13

sakura13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Will the price goes higher with Version 2.0 or will it be the same like now? Oh and what is with the persons, they have Version 1.0 give it a upgrade package?

#4 Eduard

Eduard

Developer

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Will the price goes higher with Version 2.0 or will it be the same like now? Oh and what is with the persons, they have Version 1.0 give it a upgrade package?

Yes, version 2.0 will be the same price, it will not change. For users using version 1.x will be a paid upgrade, I think with a 50% discount.

Cheers

Eduard Danilov

www.exlevel.com

#5 archaeotect

archaeotect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thank you very much for your replies. I've just made the purchase. Looking forward to create some vegetation!

#6 3DMK

3DMK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

welcome &Happy vegetation creation!

#7 mabulsoud

mabulsoud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi,

I don't see the point of starting a new thread with the almost the same topic, but I'm very interested in purchasing GrowFx, I have used it before at my old firm and was very impressed, I want to buy a personal version as I work as a freelancer now, this of course makes upgrading a big issue for me.

Now that you are up to version 1.9, and I can only assume that version 2.0 is just around the corner with your excellent rate of upgrades, You have already mentioned that holders of a 1.x licence will get a 50% discount on version 2.0, my question is, does this hold true also for buyers of 1.9, or will it be possible for us to upgrade to 2.0 for free as I would assume it'll just be a matter of months till we have version 2.0

Thanks

#8 Eduard

Eduard

Developer

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

I don't see the point of starting a new thread with the almost the same topic, but I'm very interested in purchasing GrowFx, I have used it before at my old firm and was very impressed, I want to buy a personal version as I work as a freelancer now, this of course makes upgrading a big issue for me.

Now that you are up to version 1.9, and I can only assume that version 2.0 is just around the corner with your excellent rate of upgrades, You have already mentioned that holders of a 1.x licence will get a 50% discount on version 2.0, my question is, does this hold true also for buyers of 1.9, or will it be possible for us to upgrade to 2.0 for free as I would assume it'll just be a matter of months till we have version 2.0

Thanks

Hi,

I think the update will be free for users who purchased less than 6 months before the release of version 2.0. Ie if we release until July 2013, you'll get an upgrade for free! If after July - 50% of the price.
I just don't know when we release 2.0, and maybe we'll be releasing more versions within 1.9.x...

I'll be glad to see you among our customers!

Cheers

Eduard Danilov

www.exlevel.com

#9 peleus

peleus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for confirming this. Might as well be updated with the version release date then.
Trees are your best antiques. Posted Image

#10 numerobis

numerobis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think the update will be free for users who purchased less than 6 months before the release of version 2.0.

Hi,

I'm really attracted by the current 50% discount and consider to buy a license.

But since we are already at 1.9.5 now and i think v2.0 can't be that far away anymore, my question would be if this free update offer is still valid. 

#11 Eduard

Eduard

Developer

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi,

I'm really attracted by the current 50% discount and consider to buy a license.

But since we are already at 1.9.5 now and i think v2.0 can't be that far away anymore, my question would be if this free update offer is still valid. 

Yes of course, it's still valid! I hope we'll complete and release version 2.0 this winter...

I'll be glad to see you among our customers!

Eduard Danilov

www.exlevel.com

#12 numerobis

numerobis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Sounds good! Thanks for your quick response... now i'm going to talk with my credit card.. ;)

#13 numerobis

numerobis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Sorry i have to ask again, because i can't find anything about the upgrade to v2 in the description... only in this thread.

When i buy today, i will get the update to v2 for free, yes? Is this promise confirmed somewhere in the invoice or my account?

Or how does it work?

And the other question:

I'm working with Maxwell Render. Is there any feature limitation in growfx regarding this combination? 

#14 Eduard

Eduard

Developer

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Sorry i have to ask again, because i can't find anything about the upgrade to v2 in the description... only in this thread.
When i buy today, i will get the update to v2 for free, yes? Is this promise confirmed somewhere in the invoice or my account?
Or how does it work?

We don't know the exact release date of version 2.0. But in any case, if this happens before the end of May (which is highly likely), you'll get this version for free!

And the other question:
I'm working with Maxwell Render. Is there any feature limitation in growfx regarding this combination? 

GrowFX works fine with all renderers!

Thanks!

Eduard Danilov

www.exlevel.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Exlevel