• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Levi

Levi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Any chance we could get a "Radius Affects:" parameter, or a "Size/Scale Affects:" parameter for the various mesh types? I encountered a situation not long ago where the object I was trying to grow had a customized curve radius on a cylinder mesh, and the objects I tried to grow from it would grow from the center path, rather than the surface of the cylinder mesh, which was unusually thick. I was able to work around the issue, but it would be nice if I could trigger offset distances based on a path's mesh radius so it would space them out automatically.

It's interesting that I haven't had this problem with other simple meshes like tree trunks, but when I created this custom curve it didn't consider the radius at all and grew all paths from the center path.

Another suggestion is a "random angle" field for modifiers like "radial direction" and "vector direction". Although the same thing can be accomplished by creating multiple direction modifiers and editing their count rate %, that way is compounding, and not nearly as efficient as a nice angle variation field.

In any case, thank you for your continued development! I open 3ds Max sometimes just to make plants. :)

#2 Eduard

Eduard

Developer

• Moderators
  • 711 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Hi Levi,

Yes, have an affect from radius of the mesh is a necessary thing. We'll try to add this feature, but the problem is that the mesh begins to building after all the paths created...
I usually create an affect from the Parameter: Path position to the Offset, and customize the curve of the factor like a curve radius of the mesh. But it's not effective.

Another suggestion is a "random angle" field for modifiers like "radial direction" and "vector direction". Although the same thing can be accomplished by creating multiple direction modifiers and editing their count rate %, that way is compounding, and not nearly as efficient as a nice angle variation field.

To do this, you can create an affect from any parameter to the angle, and then just increase the Chaos % value.

Cheers

Eduard Danilov

www.exlevel.com

#3 Levi

Levi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Awesome! Thank you! :)

#4 peleus

peleus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hi Levi, sorry to dig this post but i would like to check the outcome of this project if you were able to finish it. 

Trees are your best antiques. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Exlevel